Thursday 13 May 2021

L3 Writing - Fireman Saves Kitten

 L3 Writing - Fireman Saves Kitten

For our L3 writing workshop, we had to write about a video we watched: Fireman Saves Kitten. We had to pretend that we were the fireman. I am re-writing this writing from my book to this blog for my blog post this week. Below is my writing so I hope you enjoy it!!

I took a few steps backwards from the hose after extinguishing the fire. The old brick house was still standing, barely. The beautiful cherry-red bricks were darkened to a crimson-black. It was lucky that the fire didn't spread to the trees, as it would of engulfed the tree, making the flames burst in size. Me and three other firemen decided to scan the little house. It was as if we were in a movie of some sort. As we approached the house, the smoke thickened, like quick sand engulfing your last breath. My suit gave me the ability to breath through this darkness of smoke but weighed me down, making it hard to move, hold and walk over weak floorboards. Communicating on the radio, I step through the doorway of the house, floorboards creaking underneath me, as I do so smoke and ash gather on my mask. It was like it didn't want me to go any further, but I pushed on.

The fire had caused the ceiling to collapse into the house, leaving installation all over the floor. It was like the clouds had fallen down, burnt by the fire. The ash and installation together made a soft surface under my big boots. I carried on through what used to be the living room into the blackened, burnt hallway. Using my flashlight, I scanned the house, reporting back to the other firefighters what I could see and what was left of furnisher. As I was scanning the room I came across a burnt child's toy that looked like a little kitten. I picked it up in my gloved hand, feeling its weight and size. It was a really realistic toy, maybe a little too realistic...

Suddenly I dashed out of the room, as fast as I could in my weighted down suit. Holding the kitten carefully, I ran out of the smoke-infested house, straight to the fire truck. I layed the kitten down on the ground as carefully as I could and grabbed the oxygen mask, placing it over the kittens face. A few other firemen came to see what I was doing, at this point I was pouring water over the limp body of the cat. I hoped with all my heart that the little tabby cat would live. Slowly the kittens eyes opened, revealing yellow eyes full of pain. With relief, I held the kitten close to my body, cuddling it with careful arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about