Wednesday 4 August 2021

Reading Questions - Wings of Fire: Winter Turning

 Wings of Fire: Winter Turning

Tui.T.Sutherland

Wings of Fire #7 Winter Turning by Tui T Sutherland | The Warehouse


Discussing  my Personal choice of book with others


Why did you choose this book? 

Ever since I was five, I have been obsessed with dragons; collecting them, drawing them and trying to read about them. It was very rare for me to find books about dragons but after being introduced to this book series, I can’t stop reading Tui’s books.


If you were a character, what would you have done differently in a situation in the story?

If I were Winter, I wouldn't of been as grumpy and grouchy because his Winglet decided to help him save Hailstorm and stop Icicle from harming Queen Glory.  


Where is the book set?

‘Winter Turning’ is set in many different biomes around Pyrrhia including the rainforest and the destroyed Nightwing island.


If the book was a tv show, what actors would you cast?

If Wings of Fire became a major movie, it is most likely to be animated so it depends on their voices which, to be honest, I don’t know a lot of names of voice actors.


Think about structure & language features


If the main character lived next door, would you be friends?

Definitely, but he is a dragon, I’m a human. He is around 10 times bigger than me but luckily, he is a dragon who would rather keep me as a pet so, more like keeping each other as pets rather than friends.


What does the place look like in your head as you read? Would you like to visit there?

I always imagine Pyrrhia as a beautiful dragon-shaped island, the rainforest (or Rainkingdom) as a huge, green forest with multiple multi-coloured flowers but muddy and damp around the forest floor. The  Rainwings would sleep and rest in hammocks made of strong leaves and live in rounded treehouses, made of leaves, amongst the trees.


Why do you think the author wrote this book?

Tui.T.Sutherland is fascinated with mythical beasts of all kinds so after writing the book ‘The Dragonet Prophecy’, the book took flight so she has written over 15 books for the series ‘Wings of Fire’.


What new words or facts did you learn?

Heaps! Well, only 1 or 2 because most of them I haven’t a clue what they mean. I have learnt what impervious means though, I have used it in my writing twice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about