Monday 18 March 2019

The New Kitten

"Meow meow."   "What's that noise?" I yelled as I rushed down the hall.  "Shhhhhhh, it's a new kitten."  "A new what?"  I ran into the room and there was a black fluffy kitten meowing inside of a cat cage.  "Where did it come from?" I asked.  "Ella Apirana  gave it to us." 
Her name was Wednesday.  She was black, with blue eyes but the special thing about her was that she had a pompom tail.  When mum let her out she dashed under the bed because she was so shy.

  At Wainui beach school I made a cat toy so I got it out and she started playing with it.  I played with her all day until dinner.  I had homemade chicken and after dinner she was in a playful mood so she hid under the couch and when I put my feet down she would pounce on my toes and start attacking them.  When I went to sleep Wednesday jumped on my bed and sat on my face.

In the morning when I was getting ready for school she was running from couch to couch.  Every time I saw her I wanted to play with her pompom tail.  I was so sad that I had to leave Wednesday but at least she's my cat and I get to see her after school.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Ivy, you have used paragraphs and it is interesting. It is so neat you were allowed a kitten and that you play with it. My daughter also wants a kitten! I look forward to reading more blogposts about the adventures of Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing post Ivy!!! I wish Mum would get me a cat!!! She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday has had kittens at christmas and one of them looks exactly like her. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about