Tuesday 1 June 2021

🐧Pengon🐉

 🐧Pengon🐉

I am writing this poem because in my writing workshop, we had to do a poem, using different ending punctuation, about a penguin turning into a dragon. It was really fun to write so I decided to share it with everyone through my blog. 

I was just a normal penguin, short fluffy and bland,
while yesterday (on May the 1st) is when my adventure began!

It started in the ocean, catching lots of fish,
to bring and place on my brothers and sisters dish.

Then the strangest thing happened, would you know,
that on a sunny beach it started to snow?

We all grew cold because we lived in a tire,
then all of a sudden, out of my beak, came a sprout of fire!

Next horns sprouted out of my head,
I thought by sundown I'd be dead!

If you thought that was it, you are wrong,
my wings surprisingly grew too long?

My beautiful feathers started to fall,
and as scales grew back I started to crawl.

My brothers were scared, my sisters were too,
they started to run from me boo-hoo!

I told them to stop, my voice sounds like roars,
but they continued to run from me some more.

My mouth was no longer a pointed beak,
it was now a snout, spiked, long and sleek.

People were screaming out on the streets,
as my calls echoed like thunder beats!

I grew in size, as tall as a tower,
my breath smelt like a penguin who hadn't had a shower.

My scales were still black with a blue-ish shine,
armies started sounding alarms that sounded like horrid chimes.

I flapped my wings to get out of this mess,
I started to fly so I called out "YES!"

I hid behind an old stone fountain,
while underneath me grew a mountain.

It engulfed the fountain, along with me,
while when i'm knocked out I turn into a tree!

That is why if you look around,
there is not a single dragon to be found...

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Ivy, I really like your pengon poem. I am so happy for you that your blog got shared at a staff meeting!
    I can agree that writing those poems were very fun.
    Your Friend, Kale'a🐈

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about